Chartfield School arranges a variety of trips throughout the school year that aim to be both educational and fun.
The junior school children (Forms I and II) are offered the chance to go on a residential activity weekend each year; in the last two years, we have visited PGL sites in Surrey and Wiltshire. These are great fun, allowing the children to unwind and to face challenges they have not met before, such as being away from home. The sense of achievement to be gained from these trips is enormous.
Other trips for Forms I and II include visiting Dover Museum dressed as Romans and the Viking ship at Pegwell, Kindergarten and Transition spending a day at Farming World near Faversham, and the whole school enjoying a day at Wingham Bird Park.
Our most recent residential trips were:
- 2014: Kingswood, Grosvenor Hall, Ashford (inc. Dover Castle)
- 2012: PGL, Liddington, Wiltshire (inc. Legoland, Windsor)
- 2011: PGL, Bethany House, Surray (inc. Chessington World of Adventures)
- 2009: PGL, Caythorpe Court, Lincolnshire
- 2008: PGL, Bethany House, Surrey
- 2007: PGL, Fulmer Grange, Buckinghamshire
- 2006: PGL, Caythorpe Court, Lincolnshire
- 2004 & 2005: PGL, Bethany House, Hindhead